ASP.NET - not working

Jul 18, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Edited Jul 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Hi,

I have problems form the very begining. I copy file 7z.dll from my 64bit version of 7-z into my bin/ folder of website. I copy there also SevenZipSharp.dll. Into my project i choose "Add reference" and find file "SevenZipSharp.dll" into bin folder. Everything looks fine. What i try to do is initialize SevenZipCompressor member like that:

try
                {
                    SevenZipCompressor.SetLibraryPath(Server.MapPath("~\\bin\\7z.dll"));
                }
                catch (Exception exp)
                {
                }
                SevenZipCompressor cmp = new SevenZipCompressor();

but then i get error:

"The compression has failed for an unknown reason with code  Message: The specified temporary path is invalid."

So i thought... ok. There is problem with getting temp folder. I create new one and pass it as string. It didn`t work neither. I realized that the problem isn`t in temp folder but in Permissions. I downloaded source codes. Copy 7z.dll and SevenZipSharp.dll into my bin/ folder of webapp and now i see. error something about "System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission"

How can i get this working??

[edited]

Mayby i give you information about my enviroment. I have Windows 7 64bit, Asp.Net 3.5 and 4.0 installed (site running under 3.5) and i`m using VS 2008.

It`s obvious to me that one of those two ddl-s doesn`t have proper permission to read/write. That is why it`s telling me that the temp folder (that i specify in constructor) doesn`t exist although i know it`s good (returned by Server.MapPath method) and it`s absolute path) Should i grant somehow "rights" for this dll-s?

The compression has failed for an unknown reason with code  Message: The specified temporary path is invalid.Hi

Jul 24, 2010 at 7:28 AM
Edited Jul 24, 2010 at 7:56 AM

It does not work.