Library name and perhaps handle leaks

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Edited Mar 11, 2009 at 2:02 PM
i have some suggestions about this project.

1.  the working directory is not the same folder that contains SevenZipSharp.dll, maybe after using file dialogs. the check for existence of 7z.dll fails in this case. my solution is to remove the check so that it search according to PATH environ. my way may not be a good way and it only applies to my project.

2. there may be some problem with exe files. it seems after a compress operation, the exe files are locked. this seems to happen only in visual studio most of the time.

and thanks for the work, it enhances my projects
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2009 at 1:13 PM
1 - I will provide a flexible solution for this issue in the next release this weekend (one will be able to set the library name in runtime).
2 - Do you mean, executables which you compress become blocked when you debug with Visual Studio?
Mar 14, 2009 at 7:25 AM
i have upload a patch in the Patches section. it contain fixes to my problem, but see if the fixes make sense to you.
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2009 at 12:05 AM
I implemented and tested thoroughly multi-threading and modified LibraryFileName to fix the first issue. Check 0.28 release. Thanks for the patch, it was very useful. You should read more about the garbage collection, [ThreadStatic] attribute and uploading patches without bin and obj dirs :) though.