This project is read-only.

64bit support.. ?

Mar 11, 2009 at 11:10 PM
Hi,

Thanks for providing such a great solution for the 7zip library support in C#. It looks great, works pretty well.

My question is in regards to x64 support. When I try to compress or uncompress anything, I get an exception because the application cannot load the 7z.dll file. (not the File not found error). I recompiled the solution in x86 mode and it works, but I'm wondering, why did the error occur in the first place, and is there any way to make it work in a 64 bit environment?

Unfortunately I din't work with native calls before from .NET, so I couldn't understand what the problem is, but I suppose that either the 7z.dll was built and marked as a x86 only library, or the native calls in the 64 bit environment don't like the partial implementation of COM calls in the dll..

Any other guesses? And any chance of finding a workaround?

Best regards
Mar 13, 2009 at 1:19 PM
Thanks for your post, I will try to find the error when I get access to x64 computers in my unversity next week.
Mar 15, 2009 at 12:26 AM
Would you be so kind to test the new 0.28 release, because this bug is likely to have been fixed.
Mar 15, 2009 at 1:38 PM
Just downloaded and tested your last build. Unfortunately it still doesn't work in 64 bit mode with the stock dll :(
I downloaded the 64 bit build of the 7zip app, and took 7z.dll from there.
Last build did manage to load the library, but was throwing some strange exceptions afterwards. This build works fine.

Conclusion: for 64bit compatibility, we'll have to use a 64bit version of 7z.dll

Thanks a lot for your help :)