Problem with subfolders

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:05 PM
I'm getting the following exception when I'm trying to unzip a 7z file with several subfolders:

SevenZip.SevenZipException was unhandled
  Message="The extraction has failed for an unknown reason with code -2147467261."
  Source="SevenZipSharp"
  StackTrace:
       at SevenZip.SevenZipBase.CheckedExecute(Int32 hresult, String message)
       at SevenZip.SevenZipExtractor.ExtractArchive(String directory, Boolean reportErrors)
       at SevenZip.SevenZipExtractor.ExtractArchive(String directory)
       at _7zipTest.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\eauerbach\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\7zipTest\7zipTest\Form1.cs:line 26
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
       at _7zipTest.Program.Main() in C:\Documents and Settings\eauerbach\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\7zipTest\7zipTest\Program.cs:line 18
       at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
       at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException:

The 7z file in question has 2 subfolders, one of which (folder a for references) contains several subfolders as well. If I create a 7z file containing just folder a and attempt to unzip, I have no problems, but when all three levels are being used, I get the exception above. Unfortunately, the folder structure for file is static. I'm using the ExtractArchive method.

Appreciate any suggestions.
Coordinator
Mar 23, 2009 at 8:31 PM
Thanks for your report, I will fix this issue in the next release.
Coordinator
Mar 23, 2009 at 11:28 PM
Edited Mar 23, 2009 at 11:36 PM
Strange, I didn't succeed in reproducing this bug. Can you attach the archive and write the code you use?
In addition, put a breakpoint to the line 300 of Callbacks.cs. Is the exception is thrown after this line at once?
Mar 24, 2009 at 1:45 PM
Sorry, I'm new to the forum; how can I attach the archive?
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2009 at 8:04 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2009 at 8:07 PM
Use Issue Tracker to add a new issue. There you can attach a file.
Is the bug present in the 0.33 release?
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2009 at 11:31 AM
The bug is fixed in the 0.34 release.
Mar 25, 2009 at 12:45 PM
Works well. Thanks.