7zip RDB support?

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Hi all.

I've used 7zip to extract the contents of a .RDB files. When I do so, it creates a folder with a number of files in it. It's strange, since RDB isn't necessarily a compressed file, but 7zip knows what to do with it and how to decompress it.

My question is, how do I do this with SevenZipSharp? What is 7zip doing to the RDB files to extract it? Is it treating it like another file format?

I've tried running the 7zip command line version on the file and it won't work either, so I'm wondering what voodoo the program is doing that's allowing it to do this.
Feb 11, 2014 at 11:06 AM
SevenZipSharp newest release was actually a number of years ago. If you read the correspondence you will eventually realize that there has been no new development for this library for several years. The fellow who wrote this library has apparently lost interest. I wrote him several times on matters he should have been happy to respond to, but he did not reply.

Thus, understand that the fellow who developed this library is not working in association with the fellow who is maintaining and at times adding new features to 7Zip. No one here will be able to answer your question because they have not been active with this product for several years. That being said, this library is a safe library to use for compressing and unzipping archives. If you try to do something such as RDB with SevenZipSharp, it may work for you. But you must be realistic. Without anyone running this project any more, be prepared to be disappointed.

Sincerely,

Pastor Burt