This project is read-only.

About supported formats (Z)

Apr 29, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Hi all,
I have a doubt, over the files with the extension .Z. I was trying to uncomporess a file with this extension and format is not recognized by SevenZipSharp but it's supported by 7Zip.
My question are two, are the .Z format  supported? are the supported formats by 7zip  supported by SevenZipSharp?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Supported formats(7ZIP):

• Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
    • Unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MSI, NSIS, RAR, RPM, UDF, WIM, XAR and Z.
Apr 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM
It is supported in theory. I have no signature for this format and no corresponding GUID, that's all.
Apr 30, 2009 at 9:03 AM
thanks Markhor for the reply,
Something I 'm doing wrong because after add the signature(1F-9D-90) add the Guid(the next id to InFormatGuids={InArchiveFormat.Z, new Guid("23170f69-40c1-278a-1000-000110E50000")}), it is not able to open the compress file, gives thwe following error:
Invalid archive: open/read error! Is it encrypted and a wrong password was provided?

Best regards
Apr 30, 2009 at 7:51 PM
I implemented Z (Lzw) archive support in the 0.46 release.
May 5, 2009 at 11:11 AM
Thanks again  Markhor,
Without any change in the library and calling the test example to uncompress a .Z, it said that the Z format is not supported.
I added the .Z Format, and assigned the uncompress method(Lzw) and it gives the following error:

Could not extract files! Message: The execution has failed due to the bug in the SevenZipSharp.
Please report about it to http://sevenzipsharp.codeplex.com/WorkItem/List.aspx, post the release number and attach the archive.

It is possible that i'm doing something wrong but I don't found the problem.

Best Regards

May 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM
Edited May 6, 2009 at 12:11 PM
Thanks for your testing,
I copied this thread to Issue Tracker.
Please attach your .Z archive there, so I will be able to reproduce the exception.
I tested my own Z archive and it was OK.
May 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.