This project is read-only.

Using relative directory structures

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:42 PM
Is it possible to keep the directory structure without keeping unnecessary parent structures? For example, consider the following directory structure. C:\ - Documents - Downloads If I create an archive of the Downloads folder (stating to keep directory structure using the provided property) then I structure of C:\Documents\ is also kept. I actually only care about the structure starting with the Downloads folder (and then including it's children). I would like my archives to keep only the file structures from the base (first containing content) parent and below. Is this possible? If so, can I be provided the direction I need to look?
Apr 12, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Try to set PreserveDirectoryRoot to true and DirectoryStructure to false (it is false by default).

Apr 12, 2010 at 7:13 PM
Sorry, I just noticed my example file structure's did not show as I intended. If I turn off DirectoryStructure, all files (current level and sub levels) are combined into the base level for the archive. If I turn it on, then I get all parenting directories instead of the one I selected. PerserveDirectoryRoot seems to only modify the value used as the directory root. If true, it sets the base directory to a colon. If false, it sets it to a lowercase S.