This project is read-only.

I cant extract iso file

Jan 31, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Edited Jan 31, 2015 at 7:00 PM
Hi,

Where do I make mistakes. Please write details.
if (IntPtr.Size == 8) //x64
                        {
                            SevenZip.SevenZipExtractor.SetLibraryPath(@"C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.dll");
                        }
                        else //x86
                        {
                            SevenZip.SevenZipCompressor.SetLibraryPath(@"C:\Program Files (x86)\7-Zip\7z.dll");
                        }
                        using (var file = new SevenZipExtractor(sourcePath))
                        {
                            file.ExtractArchive(outputPath);  
                        }
Feb 1, 2015 at 6:57 AM

Dear HaydarSahin34:

SevenZip does not support ISO. If you read my final comments, my conclusion is that SevenZip is an “unsupported” product, for well over 5 years. You should not be surprised that features don’t work. This I experienced. My conclusion after 2 months patiently trying to make it work, is that this is not a complete product, and that to work with it is a waste of time.

Pastor Burt
Auto Shutdown Pro
Miralhens Apartment, Apartment A,
Jupiter Street, San Felipe Subdivision,
Mojon District, 3000 Malolos City, Bulacan

http://www.AutoShutdownPro.com
Email: [email removed]
Philippine phone to the US: (951)530-9138
Philippines Phone: (912)738-3132
Local Philippines Land Line: +63-44-796-3629

Auto Shutdown Pro II

Auto
ZIP II

Auto Shutdown Free

Auto
FTP Client

Feb 22, 2015 at 7:06 PM
well, but the official web page indicates that iso file is in the support list? why did you say that was not a complete product and working with it was a waste of time? I am really confused...
Feb 23, 2015 at 11:49 PM

Dear AskSuperboy:

First of all, the person who created this product has had nothing to do with it for many years.

Second, if you run this library within your project in Debugging mode, stepping through the code one instruction at a time, you will see that the capacity which is attested to existing within the documentation in many cases simply does not exist.

The classes are not straight forward. There is a lack of structure, such that there is no easy fix for anything in this library. Try and change anything and this broken library only breaks down further.

I gave the library every chance possible. I worked with it, I am ashamed to say, stubbornly for about a month and a half. When I found things not working, not supported, with no code even attempting what should have been accomplished, over and over again I closed my eyes and tried to continue going forward anyway. Finally, after delaying my decision for much too long, I simply had to conclude that (1) this library is only half done, (2) there is no support for this library to either fix or to enhance the shortcomings of this current library, and (3) its performance is so unstable and insufficient that unless you are doing the most primitive option, you could not responsibly expect a .Net compression program to perform with this library.

I have been programming for over 45 years. Which in a way may only confirm that I’m nuts. Looking beyond that admission however, I have programmed in over 15 languages. As likely the most Senior Programmer you will ever come in contact with in your life, what I have reported to you is the truth. You may it accept it or continue on your impossible journey with this library.

Sincerely,

Pastor Burt
Auto Shutdown Pro
Miralhens Apartment, Apartment A,
Jupiter Street, San Felipe Subdivision,
Mojon District, 3000 Malolos City, Bulacan

http://www.AutoShutdownPro.com
Email: [email removed]
Philippine phone to the US: (951)530-9138
Philippines Phone: (912)738-3132
Local Philippines Land Line: +63-44-796-3629

Auto Shutdown Pro II